Monday, October 22, 2007

Avast, Pirates!

Pirates pirates everywhere. It seems like everywhere I turn, I am encountered by pirates. No, it's not just because Halloween is a week and a half away. Whether it's people talking like pirates, people dressed up as pirates or checking out the plethora of pirate themed apparel that Bethany and I saw in Europe, pirates are everywhere. When I went to see Maroon 5, my boyfriend led us all in a pirate "yo ho" sing along. Last night I watched the West Wing episode where Zoey is inducted into the DAR and one of the women brings up Abbey being related to a pirate. I'm sure there are far more instances that I am overlooking. What it boils down to is that Johnny Depp is taking over the world as Captain Jack Sparrow and I'm ok with that.

1 comment:

Lis said...

Disclaimer for your fair readers: Above featured pirate costumes were worn at appropriate Halloween costume of yester-year. Just wanted to clarify that we hadn't embraced the pirate theme randomly.