Friday, February 9, 2007

Countdown

I think Scarlett said it best "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow." Well, I feel like that's how I have been approaching all things Europe over the past few days. Researching details like where to eat or shop are getting me all worked up. We won't even talk about the flight. Pretty much, because I can't. I just can't. It may cause a panic attack. Instead, I have been taking a few deep breaths and moving on with my day. This of course results in me being off track for planning which causes that feeling of my heart being in my throat. Due to that feeling, I have watched way too much TV, started a blog and cleaned my house from top to bottom.

My well-travelled friend Meaghan is coming over this weekend to help me pack. She will keep me on track. I have faith in her. I'm sure that I will get my act together when it comes down to the wire, but until then, I'll think about it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

You are going to be fine. The flight will be over before you know it...if I can do it, you can do it.

Welcome to blogging!!

Bethany said...

yeah! blogs! they are so fun! hehehehe. and the flight - no big deal. we got it under control - we are going to rock this european vacation.