Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Red Meat: My New Nemesis

Tonight I ate 4 to 6 oz. of red meat and I think I'm going to die. I feel so sick. Now, I have not eaten red meat (other than a bite of lamb a week and a half ago) since the first of the year. I'm sure this has a lot to do with it. My suggestion to any vegetarians out there, don't eat it. It's not worth it. My system is just not set up to process red meat and I am suffering the consequences.

*Disclaimer: The rich and decadent parts of my meal may or may not have had anything to do with this sick feeling. The cream soup, three desserts nor the three types of cake on top of that have nothing to do with my stomach doing flips.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I just found your blog while searching for a woman's blog that had "time" in the title. I lost track of her after my hard drive crashed last year.

Anyway, I just started my blog last month (my template resembles yours)and I am selectively reading other blogs with great enjoyment. I have bookmarked yours because in reading your posts on the first page I feel kindred thoughts. I'm older than you, so when you were loving My So-Called Life at age 13 I was in my 30s. It was my favorite program at the time. I never thought of getting the DVD until reading your post - good idea! I am commenting on your red meat entry because I quit eating the stuff 32 years ago and have always had the thought that it would kill me off if someone slipped meat into a dish I ate! Finally, I'm in Oregon where we will (finally) vote on May 6th. My vote will be for Obama. I saw last night that he is coming to Portland this Friday but I probably won't make the drive. It's exciting that he'll be in my neck of the woods, though!