Monday, April 16, 2007

A Sad Sad Day


As many of you may know, there was a horrific shooting this morning at my alma mater. 22 are dead as well as the shooter(the AP is reporting that the death count is 31). My phone has been ringing off the hook with people making sure that I have heard the news. I know a hand full of kids who are there and am trying to make sure that they are all alright.

I can't imagine being a freshman at Tech this year. The first day of school was cancelled because a shooter was on the loose. This was extremely troubling to me because he shot a cop on the trail that one of my best friends walks her dog on. Now, this. I am interested to see what the transfer rate is at the end of this semester. This is a very sad day. My thoughts are with the families of those affected by this travesty.

No comments: