Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Goodbye Girls

Gilmore Girls was the origination of so many things for me. Watching TV over the phone with my sister, strangers mistaking my name "oh yes, like the show," and most and notably and importantly, Slutty Thursdays. I could go on forever about how I love the witty banter and pop culture references. Unfortunately the show could not do the same. As we were walking through the zoo, Sterling asked me how we are going to related every moment of our lives now that all our shows have been cancelled. First it was Friends, then Gilmore Girls, now we are left with nothing. It's like we will have to live our own lives. Who wants to do that? My latest theory is that nothing in life is truly real. Everything is something we saw on TV or just a figment of our imagination.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

hehehe ... i love this idea. I wish I could believe it - but alas, I cannot. Well, I do believe the thing about TV, but not the figment part. Hehehehe - ah, what would we do in between trying to explain cultural/biological/philosophical/etc phenomenons if we did not have tv to expound our many theories on life? Probably nothing. At least nothing as fun. I am going to miss you.

Clarkson said...

Now, if we learned anything from the finale of Gilmore Girls, it's that it is way to early for goodbyes.

Anonymous said...

i came over from number 4 to read your early morning crisis post (hilarious). this one is even more so. "who wants to do that?" my thoughts exactly!! ;)